CNN’s 2023 Year in Review News QUIZ
A lot happened in 2023, from wars to wildfires to mass shootings. But not all of the headlines were bad. We had big moments in music, movies and sports to provide a little levity and much-needed distraction. Take CNN’s Year in Review Quiz to find out how well you paid attention to this year’s news!
Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday Season from the Memorial Library.
Memorial Library’s Lobby will be closed from 12/16/23 – 1/19/24 due to the abatement of the flooring.
- The entrance leading into the Ink/Bookmark café will be open during business hours to access the Library and Advisement and Transition areas. A phone number will be posted on the Bookmark entrance for users who need assistance with the doors.
- Public Access to the second floor and above will be via the stairwells near Advisement and the Testing Center. Users can use the ‘request item’ option for any item in the Main collection and pick up at Circulation on the first floor.
- The Circulation Desk will be available in the Testing Center area to allow items to be checked in/out or to pick up hold requests and ILL loans.
- The Teaching Materials Center will be unavailable for the duration of this project. Please see the Teaching Materials Center guide for alternatives.
Information on available library services is available via our Library Resources guide, including information on Memorial Library’s Testing Center.
WINTER HOURS (12/16/23 – 1/21/24)
Monday – Friday – Open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
* Saturday Dec. 23 – Monday January 1 2024 – CLOSED
* Monday January 15, 2024 (MLK Day) – CLOSED
(Hours are subject to change)
TEMPORARY TMC CLOSURE: During winter break 2023-2024, the Teaching Materials Center will be closed and its collections will be unavailable for borrowing. The TMC will return in Spring 2024! Back-Up Plans in the Meantime:
*Use Interlibrary Loan
*Look Online: https://cortland.libguides.com/virtualtmc
*Visit the Cortland Free Library downtown
For further information on these options, see the TMC Guide: https://cortland.libguides.com/tmc
Memorial Library’s Lobby entrance will be closed from 12/19/23-1/19/24 due to the abatement of the flooring. The entrance leading into the Ink/Bookmark café will be open during business hours to access the Library and Advisement and Transition areas.
During the Pandemic a struggling café in Osaka, Japan adopted a stray kitten and ended up becoming a famous place people love to visit. When the kitten’s entire cat family followed to the café, the owners couldn’t turn them away. The cats love roaming on the model trains that are part of the café’s decor. Costumers flock to see the cat family’s Godzilla like antics with the trains. Check out the action with videos from Inside Edition and That Good News Girl, as well as the café’s Instagram account.
That Good News Girl
Chill Out with PAWS for Stress Relief
Monday, Dec. 11 & Tuesday, Dec. 12
Noon – 4 p.m.
Student Life Center 3-Court Gym
Pet Some Dogs, Chair Massages, Chair Reiki, Arts and Crafts, Healthy Snacks
Brought to you by the PAWS Committee and sponsored by the Conley Counseling and Wellness Services, Cortland Auxiliary Services, Disability Resources, and Student Affairs Office.
EAP will collect pet supplies for donation.
Check out – https://tiny.cc/CortlandPAWS – for online de-stressing ideas during finals.