The database BioOne (Access to research journals focused on the biological, ecological and environmental sciences) will be undergoing maintenance starting Saturday, 1 March 2014. Scheduled downtime will begin at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (UTC-5) and may last up to 16 hours. During this time content and services on bioone.org will be unavailable.
Most scheduled maintenance on BioOne is completed within four hours. However, they will be performing upgrades to network equipment that require more time than the typical 4-hour window. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please contact the library.
We do have other databases you can use! Check out the Biology databases!
We moved the Research Help again! To improve our services, the Research Help relocated to a new and better area: previously located on the left side of Information Resources Service Center (IRSC) desk, it is now located on the right side of the IRSC desk in the main hall way of Memorial Library.
Librarians are available to provide support for research questions from Monday to Wednesday, 10 am to 9 pm, Thursday, 10 am to 6 pm, and Friday, 10 am to 4 pm. On weekends research help will be provided Saturday, 12 pm to 5 pm, Sunday 1 pm to 9 pm.
Other options for getting assistance finding resources for your topic:
- Schedule a Research Consultation with a subject librarian
- Call us @ (607) 753-2590 or (607) 753-2820 during library hours
- Email us: email@example.com
- Text a librarian during normal reference desk hours by simply sending a text to: 1-607-218-8585.
- Chat: Find the Chat box on the LibraryTab in myRedDragon!
- Connect with ASK US 24/7 to chat live with reference librarian 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (Only use this option when we are not available!)