Memorial Library will be closed tomorrow, Friday, June 18th in observance of Juneteenth. Please remember you can access our online resources and chat with a librarian 24/7 via the Library Tab in myRedDragon.
Although the Library building is closed, SUNY Cortland librarians are still available to assist you online.
Librarians are available to help you: identify and access resources, narrow your research topic, develop search strategies, cite sources, and learn to use citation managers and other research tools.
You can chat with us in ONESearch by clicking the red pop-up button on the right-hand side of search results.
You can also contact us from the Ask a Librarian channel, located in the Library tab of myRedDragon:
- Chat with a librarian 24/7. Local SUNY Cortland librarians will answer your questions Mondays-Thursdays 9am-6pm, Fridays 9am-3pm, and Sundays 1pm-6pm. Chat is also monitored 24/7 by back-up librarians from other colleges around the country. A librarian is always available to answer your question!
- Text us at 607-341-7883 during the hours noted above. Texts received outside of those hours will be replied to when we reopen the following business day.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A SUNY Cortland librarian will respond as soon as possible (within 24 hours or the following business day).
- Research Help Appointments are now available remotely. For in-depth or specialized questions, complete the request form to contact the SUNY Cortland librarian that specializes in your area of study. Appointments can save you time and improve your research!
Information Literacy/Instruction Coordinator
Memorial Library, SUNY Cortland
Memorial Library will be hosting a Sandwich Seminar to demo our new Library Search interface, ONESearch.
The Sandwich Seminar will be held in the Hall of Fame Room at Park Center on October 2nd at 12:30 pm.
ONESearch (using Primo VE) was adopted by all of SUNY as our Library’s new discovery service. We will show some of the exciting new features of the ONESearch interface, including the improved ability to find items in the TMC and Course Reserves. We will also show how to mark items as favorites, filter your results, and request items from other libraries.
Memorial Library is now using a new library search interface. ONESearch (using Primo VE) was adopted by all of SUNY as our Librarys’ new discovery service.
The new interface has several features that we think will appeal to faculty and students alike:
- Mobile-friendly (re-sizable) design, integrated with MyRedDragon
- Videos, books and databases integrated in one search tool
- Easier to search for items in special locations such as TMC or Course Reserves
- Allows users to save and label favorite searches or articles
- Simpler access to books and other physical materials in the SUNY system
We have a LibGuide with information regarding its many facets. It can be found here – https://cortland.libguides.com/onesearch
The Library will also be doing a sandwich seminar Wednesday, September 11th in Jacobus Lounge of Brockway Hall from 12:30 – 1:30. There we will demonstrate the new ONESearch, its new features and how to obtain materials from other libraries.
As the Semester winds down, final projects, papers & finals are foremost on your mind. Don’t panic! Ask A Librarian if you have difficulties finding scholarly resources for your research paper or project! Librarians are there to help you!
You can find a Librarian at the Research Assistance Desk in the Memorial Library Lobby or connect with us through Chat, Email, Phone or by Appointment in the “Ask A Librarian” box on the Library Tab in myRedDragon.
When you have difficulties finding resources at 2:00am in the morning: chat with a librarian through AskUs 24/7! A librarian from another part of the country will help you find resources! Ask for Help!