- All journal submissions need to be in APA style.
- For general submissions, email WAGADU’s managing editor:
WagaduSubmissions@cortland.edu. For special edition submissions, you will email the special editor(s) listed in the Call for Papers.
Submission Preparation Checklist for Articles:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Use endnotes sparingly (we prefer that you don’t).
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements.
- Manuscripts need to be prepared for anonymous review.
- All articles will be subject to anonymous review.
- Suggested word limits are 5000-8000 words (excluding references).
- Abstract length: 150-200 words.
Submission Preparation Checklist for Review Essays:
Reviews of two or three books on a similar theme are, on occasion, published in regular issues of the journal, typically on an invitation basis. The same submission guidelines apply as for article manuscripts, although review essays are limited to a maximum of 2,500 words (including endnotes and references), and they will be sent out for review to a single anonymous referee.
1) Application: The terms of this Agreement shall apply to all works of authorship or invention, whether photographic, literary, artistic or otherwise (the “Submitted Work”), prepared by you (the “Contributor”) for submission to us (WAGADU).
2) Copyrights: By entering into this agreement, Contributor warrants that Contributor’s work submitted is his/her (their) own work;that the work has been submitted only to this journal and that it has not been submitted or published elsewhere; that it will in no way infringe upon any copyright or proprietary rights of others, that it will not contain anything unlawful, or libelous statements, and that it will not be in violation of any right of privacy. Contributor also agrees to hold WAGADU, the State University of New York at Cortland and its officers, directors, agents, and employees, and the State of New York harmless from any and all liability, expenses or damages arising out of the contents of Contributor’s work, or the publication of any unlawful matter contained therein, excepting, however, any matter added upon the request of WAGADU. Contributor’s signature on this agreement will constitute an exclusive grant to the publisher of a complete release of all publishing and proprietary rights in and to Contributor’s Submitted Work in book form and in non-book format and in all languages throughout the world, and for the original and all subsequent editions and printings of the book. Contributors may republish their work after obtaining permission from WAGADU. Republication of Contributor’s Submitted Work may be assessed a reasonable fee for the administration and facilitation to other presses. Such fee shall be determined at the discretion of WAGADU.
3) Royalties: Contributor agrees and acknowledges that no royalty, payment, or other compensation will be provided by WAGADU in exchange for or resulting from the publication of the Submitted Work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.